24 January 2008

on-going computer woes...

If you miss me, I haven't gone away... but my precious connection with the outside world is as erratic as my computer at the moment.

Yesterday I thought a friend looked tired. He said no, just old. He is so much younger than me, and I, dressed warmly in my wrinkles, was feeling very young. "But it has been a beautiful day, lovely sun this morning. It didn't get cold until later", say I. "The day is like life, first sun and then cold", says he, "Sunshine when you are young, and rain and wind when you are old".

This morning I sat in a sunbeam and wondered: am I stealing a second youth right now? And if I am, who will judge that? I am young in my heart, I ate my breakfast in a sunbeam... what more could I want? Except, perhaps some optimism for my troubled friend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been seeking answers through reading more lately and I have read an account of a woman who said that one day it dawned on her that no one was going to be waiting to mark her at "the end". That an A+ didn't have to be strived for and that what she was feeling now was the best way to go. If sunbeams and moonbeams are on your journey that is a bonus. Bask on lovely butterfly and enjoy the light you have found and the warmth that you are creating.

Kay said...

Thankyou. The sunbeams and moonbeams are always there, it is just that sometimes we don't remember to look for them, we think we don't have time, we can't find them because they are covered over, or we see them but don't give ourselves permission to stay with them long enough.

Life is not about taking quick snapshots to look at later, it is about painting the picture, brush stroke by loving brushstroke.

Be kind to yourself, dear anonymous. Enjoy the warmth of good friends, a paddle at the beach, a quiet time in a sunbeam.