31 January 2008

priorities...

The work in the cantina has finally started... yes, today is a red-letter day! Sergio has begun, and the result will be wonderful... I am so excited about what it will look like in a few weeks time :-) Sergio is shocked at the size of the espresso coffee I poured for him... I really do think these tiny coffees are just a tease. Make mine double, or none at all thanks!

I was going to write my New Year letter today, as it is still (only just) January here in Italy, but gosh darn it, I saw something I needed to change in the portrait of my young friend in the glasses. So I am painting by the computer where the heater is. And I got paint on my wonderful big woollen cardigan-jacket thingy that I forgot I was wearing. That was so nearly a disaster, but the portrait propped up on my bed for me to contemplate is now looking so much more like the rascal he really is.

Yes, today it is very good to be alive... and maybe tomorrow, I'll write my New Year letter... maybe, maybe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The mist has risen from your village and the sun is back out smiling, I can feel that through this link. That's good