28 January 2008

today was a bit bitsy...

The downs and ups of it all. The day started badly, so I went shopping... came home with 6 new canvases. Good for the spirits, it is. Books and art supplies are not shopping really, they are therapy...

The guy who was supposed to start on my work on Saturday couldn't because he was called back to his real work. He doesn't work Sundays and I respect that. He was due at 9am this morning... but at midnight he was called in to work again so was well asleep at 9am and not at my house. So no gym, no long walk, just lots of waiting to see what eventuated. However... he is a good guy. He and his wife and children all called in tonight at 6pm and he will start work on Wednesday, all things being equal...

My really serious student has returned. He wants to understand grammar, so next week we study the future conditional tense. I think it is used more in English than in Italian. He is important. He is my petrol money.

And today, I started the portrait of the new glasses. I think the child underneath them is coming along OK too... here he is in the early stages.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Yay!
You are posting photos of your work!