20 February 2008

it pays to double check

I thought I was exhibiting in May. But no, it is in March. I do worry about my telephone conversations sometimes, it is easy to get things wrong. I rely on facial expressions, double checking with written notes, and talking with my hands, so much! Oh dear, that date changes everything!

So if I don't reappear here for a while, it is because I am very, very busy! And if I do, it is because I need a break from painting. But first, I need thinking time. I have selected from existing works, but I must do more. And well, And fast.

I think I will put these two in, both easily recognised places in my wee hamlet, and paint two more. Less is more, less is more...



It is a festival for women, so here I have the passage of time, home and church represented. Now I must paint family and one other aspect, to pull these together in an appropriate statement. I have an idea... gotta go...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

*bursts out laughing*

Well SHOOT honey...that DOES change everything!
We will be showing at the same time.

You can *totally* pull this off.

Nicole said...

these are great!

Kay said...

Thankyou! (Big smile).

The houses are behind my friend Francesca's house so I see them every day. Zacchi spends time waiting for me in that little enclosure while I chat and drink tea. The houses are over 500 years old.

The church in the cave is 1000 years old. I like to go there sometimes, it is high above my village. If you look at the photo oof the ruins in the post "afternoon walk" it is the lighter area in the shadow under the big rocky face.

I still can't believe how lucky I am to be living here and a part of this wee village.

Kay said...

I am happy to report that the old houses painting is sold... although I am going to miss it, it looked good behind my piano.

I hate parting with my babies (sad face) but then it propels me to paint more.