25 February 2008

one more day...

Just the finishing touches to go, the family have seen the work and say "It is her exactly. It is truly Mamma". I think it is still an "almost..."

There is always something more that can be done, but for now, time to stop. It is her wedding photo, outside the local church with all the village gathered, in the background.

I didn't remember, it was not part of my thinking when I decided to paint her, but the opening of this exhibition is on the 1st anniversary of the Maestra's death, 1 March 2007, at 100 years old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered what was in the background, perhaps a window, but the wedding photo is just perfect.
She is beautiful and so real and alive.I can almost feel pain from athritis in her finger joints.
caterp'

Anonymous said...

I love your elderly lady, her arthritic hands, her warm top showing at the neckline. Well done.