21 February 2008

while paint dries...

I forgot to tell you:

*we had a huge earthquake yesterday, schools closed and sent kids home, centre not far away at all, very exciting. I was driving the car, completely oblivious...

*in the afternooon I helped to make sausages and salami...
*last week a beautiful shiny red, sleek, purring Ferrari oozed its way through the village. For a fleeting moment I wished I wasn't towing a scruffy dog, wearing sensible boots and carrying a plastic drink bottle...

*and it's true, when the car looks that good, you don't even notice the driver...

*this morning we took our more modest VW Polo to the garage all by ourselves. Let's hope we got the translations right! Didn't even leave my address... I love living here...

*but finding the garage was a mission... just a big gate, no sign, tucked in behind houses...

*coming home up a steep hill there were new trees to mark, even in the light rain. Such fun.

and BTW.... just wanted to say, I'm happy, happy, happy... some things that were wrong have come right... :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Your driving is such that an earthquake is unnoticeable?! (Sorry, couldn't resist!)
;-)

I'm very glad you're happy :-)