28 March 2008

a great day...

It started with collecting ragamuffin from his holiday home. I am sometimes almost put out by how happily he goes to stay, even though I have encouraged this. But when he saw me this morning he grovelled, he whimpered, he flattened himself into my feet, he rolled on his back with his paws in the air, he wouldn't let me move without being right at my side.

Then later when I went to work he looked at me from his sunbeam outside on the mat, and didn't move a muscle. I locked the door beside him. No barking, no pleading, no scratching at the door. That is a first.

Work was good, a busload of Belgian teenagers. More happy customers, another good tip! I don't approve of tipping, do it very reluctantly myself, but I do like happy customers. During the tour the group leader asked me what I charged. I repeated the quote I had given him by email. He asked "But how much more should I pay to you?" I said "No, that is my charge". He teaches Latin, not maths. He paid me at the last stop. I like his maths.

Back home again I notice someone has been putting dishes in my sink. I am sure it wasn't me. I think it has been a kitchen for too many days. Tomorrow it has to be a studio again. Studios don't seem to grow dishes the way kitchens do.

And Zacchi says, my mat is beside the right bed, Mum is at the computer, the heater is on, all is right with the world.

No comments: