29 March 2008

lizards

Today the sun was glorious. And even more exciting was seeing the lizards scampering up and down the walls, a little clumsy, not quite so fast, and I am sure much fatter than last year. It is the first day they have been out to entertain me since winter called them away.

Zacchi and Queenie had lots of fun, and all around the valley I could hear people out gathering asparagus, cutting grass, generally celebrating the fact that picnic time is here. Easter Monday is traditionally the day of the first picnic in the mountains, but that wasn't possible last weekend. Today surely made up for it. Zacchi and I were content to stay home, soak up the sun in a deck chair, and declare today a holiday.

I washed all my merino and my polar neck tops. Dare I put them away? Maybe I'll keep the merino out a little longer... there is still snow very low and not too far away. But today, unless you looked, you would never have suspected it.

Mmmmm... thinks hard... Zacchi, do you think tomorrow might be a holiday too? If you say yes, we could go up to the ruins...

Tomorrow daylight saving starts. It is also the last day of the exhibition. Monday it is back to painting again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely :-) Keep one merino out, put the rest away :-)