30 March 2008

torn...

I am torn... between sitting in a sunbeam and cleaning the mess that I have made in my "sorting out the studio that was once a kitchen"...

In the sorting we found a stinco (ham hock, it comes pre-cooked in sealed foil) which Zacchi and I shared for lunch. One of us had forgotten it it was there.

The food is all orderly and in the correct bins again. All evidence of Easter baking long gone, all those cakes a distant memory and a slightly expanded paunch.

The debris is not exactly sorted. The studio paper and canvas storage part still contains serving dishes and plates. Some logistical problems linger, which drove us to the computer to think.

The paint cupboard has been in perfect order since day one. That goes without saying.

What to do... what to do...?

That's it, decision made. The sunbeam wins... there is always tonight...

(Why didn't I pick up a bottle of wine with the groceries... a nice lightly chilled white would be just perfect...).

PS: Ooooooh sometimes you just squeak it! I had finished in the kitchen, even put a new tablecloth on, and had swept the floors, and Zacchi and I were negotiating the finer points of his backside grooming when the doorbell rang. It was two German friends who had come to return a plate (that Easter baking).

We drank tea in the sunshine, and eventually went to see the exhibition. There we had wine and bruschetta, (brr-oo-sket-ta) and wonderful conversation sliding between three languages. Fortunately one could translate the German into English when the other ran out of Italian - which was our preferred means of communication - or from English into German when I ran out of Italian.

Big satisfied sigh... :-) It is great speaking Italian with others who understand how difficult it is to learn and how tiring it can be trying to keep it up late into the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OY! I was just about to comment to say "Choose the sunbeam! Choose the sunbeam!" when you added a PS which makes it sound like the kitchen won after all >:-(

Oh well, glad you had people round to ENFORCE some relaxation :-)

PS Ich habe die deutsche Sprache sehr gern.

Kay said...

It was a happy compromise. Remember the kitchen (studio) has double doors to the step... so every time I did a little I rewarded myself with some time in the sun. Made the work seem almost fun.

Even Zacchi got in on the act, guarding the steps in case the sunbeam had any thoughts of leaving while I was inside.

And I had the television on so I listened to a little of a travel documentary and then some election commentary. Sto megliorando...

Now to translate your German... google, here I come...