26 April 2008

anyone who cares

The weather is glorious.

It is too late (full moon was 20 April) to finish pruning my olive trees.

The grass under the trees was cut today.

The work in the cantina continues slowly but beautifully.

The painting has come to a bit of a halt.

I was a guide today.

The flowers at the railway station monument are looking healthy but were happy to be watered. Today's visitors were impressed with the work the students had done. (Later they kept up what is becoming a kiwi tradition and helped me to pull out more weeds at the St Angelo Peace Bell site).

As we left the station traffic was held up by a procession of singing and laughing cyclists. One wore a peace flag like a cape. There was nothing to indicate who they were or what they were doing. I ran after them and asked one what their rally was about. They were promoting the use of cycles instead of cars in Cassino. They were, they said, "anyone who cares".

I got into my car and negotiated the chaotic holiday weekend traffic, vehicles three wide on a two-lane road with no lane marking. I too could have been on my bike singing happy summertime songs...

I am very very tired, but happily so.

Goodnight... but first a little piece of chocolate...

:-)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Lovely. I think Spring is fast becoming my favourite season. Imagine that, from a winter child!

Anonymous said...

who is the writer huh and which country is the writer from?i m from singapore and please do visit my blog at http://mypicsmyworld.blogspot.com

Kay said...

Singdee I have old eyes and your blog is very hard to read. I like what you said here though:

"a lot of pictures right?
u know why i put alot of pictures in my blog?Coz i would like 2 share pictures with all of u!!!i want u to see them LOL!!!check out the comics in this blog,short mv,videos from youtube or songz form imeem or some other stuff form other websites!!!

and through these pictures,songs ,videos or some other stuff u can tell that wat kind of person i am or things about my friends or u can even tell that wat i want or like!!!so better catch them all!!!
and thjis is wat blog bmeans to mi.it is to share stuff!!!!
LOL!!!"

I too like sharing stuff even if my stuff is different... you remind me of some of my young New Zealand friends. I am from New Zealand where I was a teacher. Now I live in Italy where I paint and write.

I enjoyed the happy pictures on your blog.