1 May 2008

meat and three veg...

a culture makes!

I "cooked NZ" for my dinner tonight, it was good!

The irony was that I had been having a conversation about eating meat earlier in the day. It started like a bit like this:

if I know that eating meat means using 5 times more cereals than I need if I eat only cereals, and I know that at this moment there are not enough cereals for all the people in the world so that many are starving, and I know that eating meat more than once per week is unhealthy, and I know that the treatment of animals in abbattoirs is ethically wrong, then...

should I eat meat?


I cooked potatoes for the first time in a few months. The lambs fry was so fresh that the flavour and texture completely banished any thoughts of what was ethically right, and Zacchi Fizzgig and I had a wonderful meal.

I don't think I am ready to be completely vegetarian.

No comments: