9 April 2008

my day off...

Today is Wednesday, my "weekend".

I had fun.

I am not going to type any more, because I hurt my fingers playing basketball and volleyball over/under/in the loquat tree.

Later edit:
Simply couldn't leave the post like this!

Here is a gem from David Whyte, from his "Mid-life and the Great Unknown" CD. I think I have quoted from him before. In fact, I have probably given you this quote before! You can read it again, it's good!

I like the "in the life in which we find ourselves". Sometimes it feels like that for me here... I have found myself here, happily being "me", that evolving thing of indeterminate nature. I find myself living here as if by chance on the one hand, yet absolutely sure it was not an accident on the other.

Where ever we want to go in life, that journey begins with the first step, and that first step has to be taken in the life in which we find ourselves.

-David Whyte

Sometimes I read this as being a motivation to step out, make change, start where you are and get going. At other times I read it as being about making the most of the situation you are in. Perhaps its beauty is in that it can mean what you need it to mean.

One thing is for sure though, whatever your best intention is when you make that step, nothing will ever be quite the same again.

Happy smiles from wonderland...


.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Stepping out is....amazing.
Never stop.