29 April 2008

no lunch today...

...it's a question of priorities! The light was not so good this morning so I had to shift to a different painting spot. Good progress with the painting though... (big grin) and there's always bread and cheese and wine for lunch and chocolate for afters...

aaah... it's a good life!


That is, unless you are a dog.
Zacchi says "I've tried everything.
When I saw the footwear I staged a sit-in in the stair-well...
and even that didn't work!"

Talk about emotional blackmail... first the daughter then the dog. What's a girl supposed to do? Stay home and buy books? This is Zacchi's fifth different tactic to come with me or make me stay home... each one more pathetic than the last.

There was
*hopefully bounding upstairs,
*perfect upright best behaviour waiting on the top step,
*find the handbag and sit perfectly and hopefully right beside it,
*poor little me but "I'm so cute flattened into the step in absolute subservience"
*the scruffy neglected waif look.

The woman has no heart...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Zacchi. Mum, you must be nice to doggies. Perhaps you could paint the dog, thats two birds with one stone.

Kay said...

Zacchi says: She's ok really; when the big dogs scare me she picks me up and we walk through them... I sit up in her arms and I feel so brave up there :-)

And she's drawing me for childrens' books... but she makes me look strange!

antonia said...

Zacchi!

Don't worry your adopted mum will come to rescue you as soon as possible from your nasty real mum - how dare she have a life that does not always include you? I ask you! Have you ever heard of such a thing?

Must have at least a week's love-in with me and adopted Dad (and sexy Evie) when we finally come home!

Mummy loves you, really - it is just that she too needs some freedom to spread her wings a little with or without you, honeybunchickles!

Love, adopted mummy and daddy!

Kay said...

to Netta from Zacchi...

She bathed me. Again. There is no dignity... I growled, but I never bite.

Then when she wasn't looking, I came back and put dirty paw prints all over her nicely scrubbed bathroom floor...

I won!!!!!!

:-)

Sarah said...

Oh! Fizzgig looks so sad! *gasp*

Kay said...

Remember how you used to be Queen of "giving the evils"?

Fizzgig is King of the "guilt trip" expressions... you have to see them to believe them, he's a really manipulative little beastie! Truly he has developed a whole range of begging poses, each one more "poor little me" than the last. He knows how to get to me!