10 April 2008

Thursday, taking stock day

Today I have been sorting papers. Sorting, sorting.

I have
-learnt about bolla (car tax)
-found email addresses I thought I had lost
-bored Zacchi so much he went to bed at 5pm
-found that things fade even in boxes
-used my new (hunted for a year for one) hole punch
-changed where I store my papers
-ordered some shelving
-made an awful lot of mess
-found a forgotten message I wrote to myself as I set out for Italy...

Relocate
Rejuvenate
Regenerate

I've certainly done the first two. I am wondering what I meant when I wrote "Regenerate". Perhaps that is building a new life.

I have finally let my old life go, closed the book, labelled it "for reference only". Tears are reserved for diaries and romantic novels; reference books have favourite pages that are good to look at occasionally.

Maybe it was timely, finding that scrap of paper.
Now it is time to regenerate.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I hope that you have let go of the things that haunt you.
It's the only way new life can spring forth.