5 May 2008

excited happiness

...is different from other happiness. Tomorrow I willingly catch a train at 4.43am to go and meet a daughter at Fiumicino, Rome, even though I could take a later train. I can't bear the thought of missing the Leonardo Express and not being there when she walks through from customs. Part of the excitement is checking the arrivals board, watching, waiting... I love airports!

Yes, I know I could drive and leave much much later, but how can I possibly drive safely when I am so excited? Much better to leave it to the train driver!

What is it going to be like when I finally get to America to see the daughter I haven't seen for more than two years? We teach our children to fly, so we have to be happy when they do. After all, we are descended from the most adventurous people on earth!

Zacchi knows something is up. He is quite anxious. He didn't even eat his mince today. What did I ever do to deserve such a demanding, nervous, stroppy and sensitive scruffy muffin?

"But this *is* my best foot Mum..."

No comments: