17 May 2008

I blame the chemicals

It could be that I have a bad memory.

It could be that I am a lazy student.

It could be that I am opting out.

Whatever it is, I seem to have a really bad memory. I have not made satisfactory progress with Italian vocabulary. I am hopeless when it comes to remembering names. And during the last two weeks I have had some absolutely brilliant (I am sure!) flashes of inspiration about themes to write in my blog, and when I sit at the computer they have disappeared.

I have decided to blame all the chemicals I have inhaled in my ignorance over the years as an artist. I hereby declare that as from today my art-making will use only safe products in an effort to preserve and increase the remains of my brain!

Mmmmm... now about that turps...

There are all sorts of chemicals. I avoid the illegal ones. I have absorbed and inhaled too many of the work-related ones. I have swallowed prescription ones.

This week, largely thanks to discovering myself in Italy, I am four years "anti-depressant free". I love being alive, and have so much to live for.

***

1 comment:

Sophia Elise said...

It's a great feling to be "anti depressant free" - almost like a recovering alcholic, we count the time we have been "recovered" from our depression enough to live life without the drugs - and without the horendous dark spells - I'm 3 1/2 years now myself .... life is great! :-)