30 May 2008

sewing day

It all started when my neighbour needed something altered... and I am the one in the village with a sewing machine. Two skirts for her and I was on a roll...

By the end of today I will have (she said hopefully) a new summer wardrobe.

Snip, tuck, trim,

no,

not me,

I am attacking the clothes that don't fit any more.

Two summer jackets, one light overshirt, two skirts... maybe the jeans with the yellow butterflies if I don't run out of good light...

nearly a new me!

Time for a cuppa, then back to work... this domesticated stuff feels good occasionally...

just occasionally though!

Zacchi is putting on weight, my clothes are too loose... between us we are doing something right!

*****

The down side of things... I met a real zecca, a tick, two days ago. It was far too close to my house. Uuuuughhhhh!!!!!

I know it is all in my imagination, but I have been scratching ever since. It reminds me of finding head lice on a child when I was teaching. Here they say it is better to find a snake in your house than a tick. I'll stick to the sprays, the shampoos, the horribly expensive treatments for poor old Zacchi... and try to keep the snakes AND the ticks away!

Oooops! Oh dear! Now YOU are going to be scratching too... (evil cackle from Italy)...

What did I say about keeping my feet on the ground? Fancy a glass of vino on the doorstep watching the fireflies knowing I have sprayed the concrete with insecticide? If you had made a precautionary google search of "tick bite" you would have sprayed too!

I just hope the fireflies don't come too close tonight, they really are so beautiful and don't deserve the same fate as the ticks.

And me? I'll be the one in the deck chair... at least until I stop itching! The doorstep has temporarily lost its appeal.

No comments: