2 June 2008

another festa

Today (Monday, it is not Sunday despite the date above) is a public holiday, but I took my holiday yesterday.

Picture a long table, 15 people seated around it, and Italian food and wine.

I chatted happily as the meal was prepared.

I joined the discussion about the antipasto.

I added my compliments and comments about the primi piatti.

I ate the secondo but didn't say quite so much.

I compared notes with my neighbour about the contorni.

I commented briefly on the vino.

I quietly sampled the cheeses.

I was mute as I drooled over the pineapple.

By the coffee I don't think I understood a word of the conversation.

???

It just goes to show that if you eat too much your brain stops working!


*****

Today we paint, Zacchi and I. Italy has gone to the beach. We have work to do!

No comments: