15 June 2008

from an email with honky-tonk piano...


The bubbling brook would lose its song if you removed the rocks.

Happiness comes through doors you didn't even know you left open.


*****

It is Sunday. A day to reflect, a day for rest, a day for family. I have been listening to my son-in-law's music, thanks to the magic of cyberspace. It helps me to picture my family in America.

I think I will visit my musician friend today. (As I wrote that I smiled, because I have more than one musician friend here... and until now I hadn't registered that fact!)

Music fills the soul. It can change a mood, heal a wound, sooth a troubled mind. Nature does that too. How long is it since you lay on a hilltop, looking for shapes in the clouds?

I wonder, when we look at clouds, do we forget to see the angels?

.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey!
I know that music!

*contented sigh*