2 June 2008

sometimes

Sometimes you choose to do something difficult. You spend a long time thinking about it, rehearsing it in your mind, trying to find a better way.

How do you decide what is the right thing to so? Do you weigh up the odds of your words being accepted in the spirit in which they are given? Do you avoid the hard issue?

I have been weighing up cultural differences, wondering if I am over-reacting. I have gone over every possible scenario. It is time to take a huge risk and express an opinion. I will be "damned if I do, and damned if I don't".

If I say what I want to say, I will be bringing an unpleasant truth into the open. I may not be believed. It could be that what is upsetting me is actually quite acceptable to the other parties.

If I don't, I will have to live with the fact that I did not do my best to bring truth into the light. I would rather be damned for doing what I believe is right than for doing nothing.

Who said that life was easy?

No comments: