31 July 2008

change of angle


I have changed the angle of her cheek slightly, I didn't like the angle of the selected photograph. I did get a bit carried away with the bubbles, I don't think I was supposed to cover so much of her. Never mind, having to use the imagination might make her more interesting.

I have painted her fringe in a "Cleopatra" style, it is blunt cut and a little irregular in the photograph. I keep thinking about her bathing in milk... that was Cleopatra, wasn't it? I had originally thought about painting her with strawberries and pouring on the cream, but opted for bubbles instead. It has to be impressionist because of another tight deadline.

I am working on what my grandmother would have called a "come hither" look. It is more evident in the photographs than I have managed to capture here.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

The top right bubble is my favourite!