11 July 2008

Friday, good day


Today was a mix of social and painting, with a little unexpected shopping thrown in. The portrait is looking quite OK as a painting, although I really do need to see the subject so I can check on the likeness.

I took visiting Kiwis to the Abbey and listened to the Gregorian chants while they went through the museum. I still marvel at my strange life, regularly sitting in an abbey which I am beginning to know well, remembering my childhood "church" in the local timber and corregated iron hall.

This evening I picked up my "real" glasses, not the fun smaller red ones but serious full size lenses for working. They are great. I can see what I am doing at the computer now!

Tomorrow is a day off. We are going to the beach.

Don't tell Zacchi. He makes me feel guilty enough already.

No comments: