17 July 2008

I should think first...

before I open my mouth. I wrote "back to work" yesterday... and today the new commission arrived... a double portrait with a very tight deadline. No more trips to the beach now! I might try to squeeze in a swim in a pool.

The birthday portrait passed the "yes that's her" test when a friend called in today, and tomorrow her husband will come to discuss the finer points of the likeness and the background. I hope he likes it the way it is, I have a strong impressionist background to balance the strength of the colours. The friend who saw it today said "I prefer a different garden behind". I like my impressionist wilderness. We will see what will be best in their house.

And as for the couple I must paint in a week... they are getting married on the 25th. I would love to peek but I am guiding that day.

And now, after a flurry of baking and ironing, I must disappear again. Back to work it really is...

.

No comments: