10 July 2008

reluctant to leave the space

Today I pulled down my exhibition. That in itself is fine, I was missing the splashes of colour on the walls of my house and it is good to have my bits and pieces home again.

I was very reluctant to leave my beautiful space there though. So much so that I have left a few things... a ladder, the easels, a few more things to clear away. It gives me an excuse to hold onto the key, to go back a few more times, to soak up the history.

During my show many of the older folks came in as much to see the room opened as to see my paintings. They chatted to one another and talked to younger relatives about the old days of pressing the oil there. It was special for them and for me.

A bride asked permission to be photographed leaning against (arm draped over) the painting outside on the easel. I invited them in to use the space as a studio. The photographer couldn't believe his luck.

Italian brides don't mind at all that their gowns trail in dust.
The photos will be beautiful.
Magic moments continue to unfold amongst these ancient rocks.
.

No comments: