19 July 2008

saturday

Today I finished the portrait that is the birthday gift. I have tamed the greenery and set it a little further back. It is still strongly impressionist but with a finer finish. A happy compromise? I hope so. The gentleman is happy with it; now it just needs its varnish. I will post a photo after the birthday.

This morning I continued my tiny steps towards becoming a legal resident. Yesterday I received the document from my local comune that says I really do live here, and today I went to the police department in Cassino for the next stage. Apparently now my final papers are waiting for me, all printed and ready, I just need to go to the city where the main office is and present them with these new papers and my receipt from way back in May 2007. I think I'll go by train, on a cool day.

I am almost scared to hope...

Tomorrow is a day off, a prior commitment to go on a bus trip to Capri. I have mixed feelings about going, but I am sure a day out will be good for me.

No comments: