21 September 2008

life got too busy

It has been hectic. Time to slow down again.
Zacchi has decided that having two houses is pretty good, because when mum is out there is always a welcome next door. They have more interesting food too, so even when Mum is home... and that's how he came to miss out on the birthday party!
My first puppet show in Italian... Punch and Judy translate well.


*****

Last night my visiting friend and I went to the notte bianca, "white night", in the neighbouring village. This was an all night festival (from sunset to sunrise) and attracted hundreds of people. The village is magical at night, with displays of by-gone days set up in the ancient houses. I was far too tired to enjoy it, but next year I will mark it on the calendar and give it priority.
Someone in my village had offered me and my paintings, and it was rather a rush to get anything there. I am glad that I went though, I met another local artist and we chatted a while. Margaret enjoyed the festival and sang to the crowd. I was with my paintings when I heard a familiar voice coming from the piazza above, soaring above the bustle. Unexpected, impromptu, just beautiful.

The festa had food, wine, music, dancing, and some rather odd fireworks. The display began with sparklers down her arms, and obvious anticipation of more from the crowd. This was the front view... and the rear emissions were equally "un-PC".
I learnt also that I am too tired to do everything; rushing to fill my obligations I managed to scrape the curb and burst a tyre. Just what a girl doesn't need at 10pm. Fortunately two white knights rode to my rescue, I would never have got the nuts on the wheel loosened myself. They took turns and found it hard enough.

Pian piano, life is not supposed to be this busy! Time to reflect, slow down, and tick a few things off the list before I tackle anything new.

Work recommenced in my cantina... big smiles from me!

No comments: