9 September 2008

painting

I have three new series in my head. I can't wait to paint them. I need some new colours.. and these paintings are first of all for me!

No more painting to themes, no more responding to the market, yes commissions 'cos Zacchi needs stuff for ticks and fleas, but when October comes and I start to paint again it will be a commission I am really looking forward to, and which is evolving quite happily in my head, and then, by contrast, the tiny works for me*.

If the thought of a break in London galleries and some online research does this, how will it be when I get home again?

September is for veterans and tourists, October is for painting and picking olives.

Happiness is... feeling "found" in my painting again!

*My "tiny" is not minute though. I have always marvelled at the story of the well known NZ artist who, at the end of his successful art-school exhibition, simply put it all into his pocket and walked out the door.

.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You have disappeared good and proper! Nikki ARTISTNAPPED you!