8 September 2008

window shopping?

I lost internet for nearly a day... right when I wanted to check-in online. Worst of all is that it is my telephone to New Zealand (and the rest of the world, but for now it is NZ I am wanting to call).

Now internet is back, and I can access gmail, but hotmail is being perverse: I can open my account, and see the new emails. I can't open the mail waiting to be read! Frustration plus! It is like taking a kid to a candy store after closing hours, and letting them drool at the window. I don't like shopping. Window shopping if you really want the object just out of reach is worse. I'd rather give up chocolate and vino rosso than miss my emails!

*****

The temperatures are still ranging between 32 and 38 degrees centigrade, dropping to 29 or 30 by 9pm, and we are into September. The television reporters talk about "bel tempo" (good weather) but it is not true. The ground is parched, the trees are stressed, the people are tired because it is too hot to sleep but they are back at work. My figs are small and drying on the tree. Tempers are frayed, we need rain. Good weather would be some real rainfall.

Zacchi and I haven't exercised for weeks. It is far too hot after a sleepless night to go out walking. A trip to grey and rainy old London is timely for me, but I can't bring my trees.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Buon viaggio! Bon voyage!

Ummmm... what do we say in English? Happy trails, safe trip, have fun!

Love, T :-)