2 October 2008

on having fun

A conversation with my life coach (yes, my daughter) this evening left me wondering what my definition of fun is. OK, here goes. No, this is not a definition, but a list of some of the things that are fun for me:

flying my kite
blowing bubbles
friendly banter and laughter with good mates
riding in a landrover over seemingly impossible terrain
balancing on a wall
climbing trees
playing scrabble
singing "rounds"
dancing
clambering from rock to rock beside a river.

It has just occurred to me that all of these things are from my childhood. Move over, Peter Pan. I don't want to grow up either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooooh I love your list!

Now, how closely does your diary resemble it...?

Sarah said...

TK is best ever. Now if she would just turn into a feijoa so I could eat her.