10 November 2008

I guess I should be pleased...

I drove yesterday. It was awful. I had to think, check, recheck, think again, and really felt like a learner driver. I was in an automatic car. Mine is manual. I was on an almost empty road. I don't think they exist in my part of Italy. I feel far safer zooming up Montecassino with its huge buses and hairpin bends or zapping amongst the traffic in the chaos that is Cassino than I do on a Sunday drive in Bethlehem, Tauranga. Half of me thinks that my reflexes should kick in again to this driving on the left, the other half of me is very happy that my Italian driving is so firmly entrenched that driving here is difficult.

Today was MoleMap day. I have been photographed at extremely close range, have viewed the offending blemishes on the computer screen, and am resigned to going home to Italy with scabs and scars. I am lucky, they don't look dangerous. So once the official recommendation arrives it's off to the surgery for a bit of knife work and some more dry ice. There isn't a lot of spare skin on my forehead, hopefully one or two of the worry lines will disappear with the offending pieces of skin! That's as close to plastic surgery as I intend getting!

One of the things I really enjoy about living in Italy is being able to go out into the sun. Just now, however, I wouldn't mind seeing a little New Zealand sun, this is far colder than I expected it to be!!!!

No comments: