11 November 2008

underway

The painting is underway. No photos, sorry, but so far I am happy with the shape it is taking.

The sky here is so blue, the greens so bright, the gardens so pretty. I love the smell of the freshly cut lawns. The houses are attractive, spacious, with wonderful views and windows; the furniture is comfortable, the clothing available fits well. Why don't I want to live here? There is no logic in my decision, but that is just the way it is!

Shhh... don't tell Zacchi, but my dear old Bonnie (aged Springer Spaniel) has been getting lots of cuddles and tummy rubs. She loves living with my dad, but she is certainly happy to have me home. Oddly enough she doesn't understand Italian when I talk to her... or has she just gone deaf in her old age? She is much aged now, more than I had expected, although the truth is that I didn't think she would still be with us. On Friday she gets her summer haircut, and that will make her look younger. Her head is on the angle after an illness, but she still enjoys life as tablets take care of her arthritic pains.

Tomorrow it is off to the Waikato to the bank, the accountant, more check-ups in a language I understand, then hopefully a cuppa... Jan and Alison, are you free after school?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are back in New Zealand for a short time and look what happens - the government changed!
Such influence. Catch you soon for a good catch up chatter
Caterpillar