18 January 2009

rough seas or safe harbour?

Last night I had a strange dream. Even stranger, I remembered it when I woke. I can't recall when I last had a dream that stayed with me when I woke.

Why oh why would I have been on a waterfront with a friend in bad weather, watching a boating carnival that previously had been postponed taking place on rough seas? There was an oddly-out-of-place, very picturesque little house boat with ivy growing over the roof of it moored close to the mossy bank.

Was it a coincidence that that friend, who hardly ever visits these days, arrived unexpectedly on my doorstep this morning?

Later in the morning I received by email a request from a distant friend, wanting assistance with writing applications for positions working with boats. Yet another friend has purchased a boat, which he will bring to Italy in a few weeks time.

I'm mostly a landlubber. I feel that something more than rain and cold is in the air.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You should paint your dream, but only because the little ivy boat sounds *perfect* for a childrens illustration!