20 January 2009

happiness is...

... a tub of Vicks Vaporub!

I went to the chemist to buy Frontline for Zacchi and spotted.... yes, good old Vicks in its unmistakable packaging!

Memories of night time tickles as the Vicks was rubbed in, loving and dreading the treatment from mum or dad, memories of sitting miserably, eyes streaming, over a steaming bowl with a towel over my head... ah, bliss! There is nothing like tapping into the sense of smell to bring back memories of being cherished and protected!

I don't really need the Vicks, I am over the worst of the bugs. Only the cough remains, and that is excuse enough. And oh, how good it smells...

Now Zacchi Fizzgig, about that bath and then the Frontline...

Zacchi? Come back here!
:-)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I LOVE VICKS!
*high fives the moon*