19 January 2009

outdoors


Work has moved outdoors. All the sand and dirt from the cantina now goes into building some more attractive steps down to the first terrace. I have given the general outline of what I want, and am now giving ownership of it to my workers. I hear that lighting will be incorporated... sounding good!

I have achieved very little today, and the gas hasn't arrived yet so I could be eating out tonight. Cheese and vegemite on toast was OK for lunch, but something hot is called for later. I am increasingly reluctant to use the microwave for any serious cooking- I think it could simply be because I put it in a rather awkward spot when I elevated the telly to the microwave's position. I could always move the chair that is in the way, I'll see how hungry I get! My lunchtime soups sits uncooked on the gas stove.

It's now mandarin picking time... I am going to try to preserve some, using the water-bath method, when I find the appropriate seals and bottles. And maybe, just maybe, I'll do some serious preserving this year.

Or maybe not?

PS: The gas arrived, so when I have the energy to lug it downstairs I can cook the soup. Makes me feel warmer already!
.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

One year I am coming to eat alllllllll of your mandarins.
Yes Mam!