26 February 2009

incredible but true...

It's official: I work too hard!

True... I was told that today by an officer of the Polizia di Stato. I have been sent home to look after myself better, or more particularly, to take care of my hands!

Today I went to Cassino to my favourite office to renew my documents. Everything was in place. I had done all the paperwork, paid all that needed to be paid. One month ago I had received (at 2am!!!) a text telling me of my appointment. A registered letter arrived confirming the appointment and listing what I needed to bring.

I had the (always terrible) passport photo taken (and no Jan to say it was not me, go and get another one!) I assembled all the documents. I arrived 20 minutes before my appointment to find that I was already well down the queue. I waited over two hours. No nuns today, but Francescan monks still in sandals, one with a scarf and the other a knitted hat. I made it to the correct office all by myself. Things were going well.

Then the absolutely unexpected happened! I put my fingers onto the machine... again, again, again. No results on several digits. My fingers are quite literally worn out! There was not enough tread left on my skin for them to fingerprint me. Several attempts got it all down to one remaining finger... repeated photos... failure! I am "rovinata", ruined, worn out.

I have another appointment for two weeks time. I have been instructed to apply barrier cream several times a day, wear protective gloves and to pamper my hands with nourishing cream at night.

In the meantime...

:-)


PS Seems odd that I needed to be fingerprinted a third time, they have me recorded already, as does the office in the provincial capital. Mine not to wonder why...
*****

It was interesting, during that long wait, to watch and monitor energy levels and the type of energy people "emit". Much to think about. More later, maybe.

No comments: