24 February 2009

procrastinating

OK, tricky part in the painting and I am procrastinating.

I was wondering, after a late night chat some time ago with a friend who struggled to outline what things made them happy, and reading a blog about being kind to oneself, what does being good to me look like?

Really, it is more important to think about what being good to YOU looks like, but maybe a list to react to is useful.

Me being good to me looks a bit like this:

- sitting in a sunbeam without feeling guilty that I am not working
- curling up on the couch with a book, reading purely for pleasure
- savouring cherry brandy chocolates
- just occasionally treating myself to the best quality Earl Grey tea
- staying in bed that extra 20 minutes on cold mornings

and now, back to work. There is no sunbeam today, and being disciplined is probably being good to myself too!

1 comment:

Feijoa said...

20 minutes? I like staying in bed for 3 extra hours. Try it, you'll love it...