14 February 2009

st valentino

Today I woke to a crisp clear view of the frost down below. It was -3.5 degrees down there. My friends by the gorge scrape frost off their cars in the morning. Either I don't go out early enough, or we are well above the frost line here. The snow is down to 200-300 metres across the valley and behind us, but our microclimate continues to protect us from ice.

Today is one of those beautiful days when you really can't believe it isn't spring. The birds are singing, the spring flowers filling the air with their scent. The blossoms against the sky are begging to be painted. The bulbs in my cantina are turning green, wanting to come out to the light.

It might officially still be winter, but today for me is the beginning of spring!

Happy Valentines Day!

PS: Magical mid afternoon.........we had SNOW!!!!! Tiny, gentle, floating pieces of whimsy that disappeared as soon as they touched. It's not so cold outside now.

I was as excited as the first time I saw snow... (mmmm... was it THAT many years ago? Surely not!)

No comments: