6 February 2009

underway


As I type this the bells are ringing in the church above. Unfortunately this time it is a funeral, but often they are for weddings as people come from far and wide to be married in this pretty village. I used to go up to the piazza to see the brides; now I am more concerned about the lack of parking than what the bride is wearing on these occasions! Does that make me a local?

PS, This is "day one plus a little bit more this morning" in the painting above. It will probably take about three weeks with lots of reflective time before I get it finished, as it has to fit around other things. I forgot to notice how many hours I have spent on it so far. Drawing took a while as I have had to move a few buildings to get the view of the church that I wanted... what you see is real, but from this viewpoint there should be a solid wall obscuring the view to the right.

***

And this afternoon...

This evening...
and tomorrow the fun part, strengthening and adding all the darks...
(Colour is true in the afternoon photo, it looks a little too yellow in the photo taken with flash).
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it!