29 March 2009

earth hour

Today is the day that lights dim to draw attention to climate change and man's role in this.

Certainly with all our storm-related computer "off" time our usage will be down, but we have not deliberately gone without light. We still have time for our own Earth Hour, the evening is young.

Last year I promised myself that I would use less electricity this year. Mostly I think I did, but recently I installed 3 new lights. Drat, can't win!

OK, this year I promise to turn the inside lights off when the outside lights are on...

PS: the storm passed by about 25 minutes car-ride from here. No "nickel-sized hailstones" for us, but I did move the car so that it was relatively safe from (potential) falling branches.
PPS: today I tasted cooked cactus for the first time. It tasted like pickle... so I still don't really know what it tastes like. Maybe it had been pickled!

No comments: