22 March 2009

efficiency plus

I'm still scratching my head! Because of a chain of events beyond my control (and my earlier "she'll be right" attitude?) I was short of cash and I tried to use my credit card this morning. It was blocked. I tried again, different places, different ways... no luck. I knew that it had a credit balance. Confused, not particularly worried, I looked for other solutions to my limited funds situation.

In my email (early Monday morning New Zealand time) appeared an urgent notice from my bank. My credit card had been blocked because of "unusual activity" on it.

To cut a long story short, all is well, the block is lifted, I have clothes to wear. The "unusual activity" noticed by the fraud squad was the amount, not the place (they have a list of the places I usually travel to).

The funny thing? The amount was a small one... this apparently highly unusual for me, enough to have my credit card blocked from the other side of the world.

Today I am grateful fo
r the efficiency of my New Zealand bank, even though it was rather inconvenient this morning!

No comments: