4 March 2009

innocent question

Today a close friend who watches me like a hawk when I am not so bubbly and feeds me wholesome food despite my protests when I work too hard, asked "how is your soul today?"

It's a good question. I think that, although feeding the body, I painted so intensely that I neglected to nourish my soul. It is time to take a little time for me. It still confounds me that painting drains me so much. Is it the concentration, the constant decision-making?

I knew that I hadn't been feeling so great. I gave up coffee, and tipped out half bottles of wine left over from visits in weeks gone by. I tried to go to sleep at reasonable times. I even took some vitamin capsules. It's the changing season, said equally lethargic friends.

Tonight I will light the fire and put work aside. I probably wont even listen to my cheerful Italian lessons.

I am still struggling to achieve balance in my life. It's time to pick up a volume, read a little, and feed the soul.
.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

I have days where everything seems to go wrong; I spill things, cut myself, type lengthy responses to someones blogg & then lose it all by not saving. I sleep badly, or get indigestion or all of the above. I snap at people, or just wander around trying to concentrate on something usefull... for me days like that are to be endured and then forgotten; I look forward to many more days when I am inspired and filled with delight at lifes wonders. Balance is a relative term in a life in motion. Think of the bad days as a counterpoint... after all without them we would have nothing better to look forward to.