10 March 2009

secondary colours

I see that there are renewed problems in Ireland. I learnt early that "orange and green make a dirty kakhi". Ireland is a beautiful country, its landscape not unlike many parts of New Zealand. I enjoyed Dublin; people seemed to be smiling and laughing even as they hurried to work. Belfast was interesting, but I felt uncomfortable talking about the Troubles knowing things were not really consigned to history.

When painting I mix my own greens. It is a rare occasion that calls for a purchased green. Viridian, however, is very useful for creating vibrant darks.

Orange and green a tertiary colour make!

Orange and green are the colours on my computer screen that tell me that my family and friends are on-line and ready to chat.

Today I am grateful for little green lights on my gmail, and orange that comes with a 'swooshing' sound on skype. Oh, and all the blues and yellows and reds that make up my palette... giving me every orange and green I could ever wish for!

No comments: