5 March 2009

thursday, back to work

Last night was "good wholesome food" night with my friends - large white beans and mountain grasses with oil from our own trees, bread from a wood-fired oven and local wine. Then a little laughter by the fire, and good company. We began in Italian, but when philosophy entered the conversation it was a rapid change into English. More contemplation for the soul is required, later today. Yes, it should always be the first thing on the agenda, not the last.

Today however, still waiting for the intonaco to be finished for the fresco, I am working on a painting of the village and ruins from a slightly different perspective. Now is the fun part, and then the fiddly buildings. I am learning to love painting them too - she said cautiously, in an unconvincing tone.

All going well, that will give me six new works for the next exhibition. That will probably be the total, as time will fly. Zacchi is being angelic today, as he knows that I know that he slept on the couch last night. Lucky little blighter has not been thrown outside as it is rather cold and wet out there! He is curled up in a ball, occasionally lifting a hairy eyebrow to see that I know how good he is, but not moving in case I remember that he disobeyed and open the door to consign him to the weather!


Many many (12 or 13) hours later...and now to let it go so I can sleep. That's the hardest part, stopping when it is unfinished, but you know that you can't continue without messing up when you are too tired to notice what is happening on the paper.

No comments: