7 April 2009

change in the air

Today it is cold again. The storms have come and gone, getting my storm-crazy daughter excited each time. There hasn't been a tornado warning for days now.

The weather report tells me that it is 43 degrees F, but feels like 35 deg F. My memory cells don't remember that far back (New Zealand went metric in 1971, decimal currency 1967) so I had to convert... yes, 6 degrees C and feels like 2... but the central heating has been thoroughly confusing. Cold should be cold, right? Blankets and woollies, slippers... not bare arms and wearing jandals!

I am listening to Charlie Parker on Youtube... and have chosen to play "Compulsion", but I think I prefer "All the Things You Are".

Today I am grateful for warmth - warm people, warm smiles, warm houses, warm welcomes.

No comments: