6 April 2009

gorgonzola

I couldn't help myself. After weighing up all the American options, looking longingly at the turkey panini, I chose the salad with gorgonzola.

My on-line Italian lesson for the week is about an Indian drink made from cow's urine. Yes, I had to check, it sounded so off-beat it had to be true, and sure enough google produced many well researched and informative articles about it.

I'll stick to water for now... the size of the free refill drinks here would undo all the gains from eating salad instead of traditional southern cuisine. I do enjoy the shrimps, and recommend browsing Uncle Ben's website for some healthy not-so-southern meals.

This morning's thunderstorms had the front-of-house squirrel tree-hopping for shelter in the evergreen by the driveway. Between storms it was back into the spring foliage and open branches. I too would prefer spring and new growth to stagnant and stale.

Today I am grateful for healthy food that reminds me that (on some level) we are what we eat and think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh, thunderstorms with their natural air pressure changes I believe can kick start the "nonna production process". Bring them on.
Caterpillar