2 May 2009

i guess i'll never know

I guess I'll never know whether my burst of energy and enthusiasm today was from the excessive coffee I consumed, or whether it is just that I am well again. The main thing is, I have energy and optimism again!

I guess it was timely.

Today I took my hard-working labourer to Cassino to show him the size of the job we have restoring the garden around the memorial to the New Zealand soldiers. We took what we needed to commence the tidy-up around the actual plaque, just in case it was in urgent need after my time away.

BUT... I didn't take written permission to do the work on the garden... (I have requested it but not uplifted the piece of paper yet and of course the boss wasn't there today) so we were not allowed to turn a sod or pull a weed. It really does depend on who you strike on the day! Sometimes the railway police are really helpful, pointing out where I can get water for my plants etc. Today, unfortunately, they were obstructive. Just doing their duty...

Ah well, I will uplift the written permission (assuming it has arrived) and make multiple copies of it!!!!!

However, all ready for some hard work, I put the same energy into ordering my house. I don't think it was quite enough to call it spring cleaning, but certainly putting away heavy jackets felt good! Cliff Richard, your music really helps keep the action going.

Today I am grateful for cheerful music and sunny skies.

No comments: