18 May 2009

on the domestic front

Finally back to the painting project which is suddenly going much better. I think my promise (self-inflicted) to get the gardens ready for the commemorations was hanging over me a bit. But now, all is good!

***

Well, not quite all!

Zacchi has belly ache. I guess that's what happens when you steal the puppy's milk several times a day for four days or so and you aren't used to it!

He is resigned to staying outside overnight, but instead of sleeping on his mat on the little patio he is lying across the bottom step... Ain't no little pesky puppy gettin' past this king of the jungle!

I think this is the beginning of the "dogs belong outside" phase. Zacchi is an inside dog only because he was so tiny and frail when he moved in. Pickle (her temporary name, short for piccolina, little one) is not going to be so spoilt! She has made it into the house three times for three widdles... this time I'm with Zacchi on where she belongs!

Today I am grateful for my pesky little dogs.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, here it is!