15 July 2009

i reckon

that some things in the art world are absolutely ridiculous...

take these prices, for example!

Big sigh. When will the world wake up to real beauty? An autumn leaf, a rippling stream, a perfect shell, the ripples in the sand made by the water and the wind?

I want to capture moments, feelings, ideas. But how, when nature does it so much better?

Back to the drawing board...

How do you paint a fragrance, the touch of the sun on your skin, the wind lifting your hair? How do you capture the essence of life, if you are too busy indulging in the excesses of "civilisation"?

Sometimes a memory has to be enough.

I have a dream. My dream is a studio, with lots of light. In it I create, endlessly. I can picture it. Will it be mine? I can see the paintings. Why have I not started on them already?
.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

cause you're too busy trying to get the studio... and you're too busy finishing paid work to pay for it. That's why the paintings are waiting.