30 August 2009

a little sunburn

The Block pARTy Today I sat under a canopy outside The Gnu's Room, carefully keeping my back out of the sun. Conversation was interesting, animated, and all in English. I didn't notice the time fly, or the shade move.

Inside The Gnu's Room was dancing, a comedy act, and much laughter... some of this involved two blindfolded volunteers from the audience and twenty-four mouse traps. All of it embraced a sense of community.

A casually dressed jazz big band outside the Amsterdam restaurant gave an hour long informal performance. The light-hearted presentation by the university group was a delight. For the history of the Auburn Knights Orchestra click here.



Love the way she handles the disconnected microphone... she didn't miss a beat! (I also love the way free outdoor concerts just follow me around... ah life! Can't beat it, really).

Today I am grateful for community-minded people.

No comments: