12 September 2009

choice overload

Today I bought some tea. Nothing spectacular in that? No, but you see I really, really wanted to buy coffee. Real coffee. Italian coffee.

What did I do? I stood in the aisle in the coffee section and breathed deeply. Several times. And then I bought one of those coffee mixes that doesn't really even pretend to be coffee.

How could I spoil the anticipated pleasure of my first coffee back on Italian soil by drinking coffee here?

The range of teas, by the way, is amazing. Spoilt for choice... might have to go back for more. Now, in comparison, when in Italy there is absolutely NO pleasure in buying tea or standing near the shelf that has a couple of packets of boring old tea-bag brews on it.

Today I am grateful for an email that clarifies a mystery that was bothering me.

No comments: